As you already know, the kids raise club calf steers for our county fair held in August each year. It is a year long project! We found this jack pot steer show last year and took the kids and their steers to it...it's nothing like the county fair! Most people are "professional" jack pot competers! They travel all over the country to show their steers...you pay entry fees and if you place, you can win money & prizes. This years top steer won over $1800 in cash and prizes! When you show a steer, they are suppose to be ready to go to market...have fat on them and be a finished weight. Well our date to finish is August 17th, so our steers aren't even close to looking finished so the judges are pretty critical when giving their opinions. We keep telling the kids that there is no way they can place at this spring show, we take them for the experience and to get the steers use to being bathed, shaved, groomed (with mouse, blow dryer, combing, hairspray, oil finish...you name it, we use it!) Just thought it would be fun to show some pictures from our day to town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to see you are a blogger. I love it!! Congrats to the kids.
Stacy, I tagged you, see my blog for details! Love ya Your favorite sis
Sam
Nice to see you've updated your blog recently....hahaha
just checking one more time
Hi stacy I saw from Sam's blog that you also had one and I just thought I would say hi and that you are one of my favorite people in Whitney. I don't know if I ever really thanked you for the crib and baby blanket. You are really an awesome lady and I'm glad I am able to know you! Hope everything has gone well for you since you were having troubles with your back (I know that was forever ago but still I hope everything is well with you and your family).
Post a Comment